Weekend Craft Warrior Hands-on Event | Learn Painting, Power Tools, and so much more!
Have you been watching Melissa & Sue paint, build, and create on YouTube and wish you could get in on the action? Here's your chance! Our Craft Weekend Warrior Hands-on Event will not only send you home with fabulous goodies, but also give you the confidence you need to go home and start making your own DIY Home Décor projects.
Here are some of the opportunities for you at this class:
Learn to use some of the most common power tools with confidence!
- Compound Miter Saw
- Chop Saw
- Air Compressor
- Orbital, belt, and mouse sanders
- A variety of nail, brad, and staple guns (battery operated & air compressor)
- Dremel multi-tool
- Band Saw
- Jig Saw
- Scroll Saw
Ideas for class:
- Bring your own chair and learn basic upholstery techniques
- Turn "side of the road" garbage into fabulous home décor
- Learn to paint and embellish furniture. Bring your own pieces & complete during the Weekend Craft Warrior Event.
- Learn to use Resin, décor moulds, paint pour, decoupage, and/or furniture transfers
- Making signs and patio leaners with fence wood & vinyl stencils/transfers
- Creating Resin hardware for one of a kind creations
Some of the painting techniques you can learn during weekend event:
- Using Stencils without bleed through
- Layering stencils for depth and drama
- Various ways to create raised stencils (bead gel, dixie mud, diy paint frosting, etc)
- Stamping on furniture
- How to use milk paint for an authentically chippy look
- Rust & Patina effects
- Distressing with power tools
- Textured paint techniques
- Using wax reliefs when layering
- Paint pour surfaces
This is NOT a developed class project. We will be creating whatever the individual students want to create (within the limits and skill sets of the instructors and students). There will be multiple instructors and hands-on opportunities to create what YOU WANT to. Each class is unique and multiple projects may be created as time and supplies allow.
Cost: $165 per person/$195 for couples (Yes, you can bring a friend as your +1 instead of your spouse!) Max 10 individual/couples offered at each event. Schedule your private event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants under 15 not allowed without parental/guardian supervision (couple ticket). Participants 15 - 18 yrs must have parental/guardian sign legal waiver.
Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm (This is flex time, meaning you can come and go as you please.)
Location: 7033 Commonwealth Ave, Suite 15, Jacksonville, FL 32220
Food is NOT provided, so please plan accordingly. Water, tea, and other light beverages will be provided to keep you hydrated.
Samples of paint, mediums, and other items that we use in our studio day-to-day will be available to students. If you have specific colors, plans, or ideas for your pieces, it is recommended to bring your own supplies. Because this is a closed, climate controlled environment, products with high VOC, smells, toxic chemicals, or fumes will not be allowed. You will have access to our stash of spindles, misc. pieces, parts, and wood scraps to create your masterpieces at no additional charge.
Supplies are available for purchase online (and can be picked up at the workshop morning of class) or in our booth at Great American Antique Mall.
COVID Policy: We do not require a mask to be worn (unless for safety reasons around the tools/supplies used that day). If you have concerns regarding COVID and/or social distancing, this is YOUR responsibility. Please follow recommendations by the CDC for proper safety protocols.