Curio | Miss Mustard Seed Milkpaint
Like a perfectly manicured topiary, Boxwood is rich and grassy green. Its pastoral tones are lush and leafy. For a classic combination fit for a library study, pair with Ink Blue. Combined with French Enamel and Mustard Seed Yellow for a quaint English Country Cottage feel. When mixed with Ink Blue, it creates a vintage chalkboard finish.
100% Natural | Eco Friendly | Organic | Non-Toxic | No VOCs
Milk paint is a powdered paint that has been around for thousands of years. It is a versatile paint that can be used to achieve a variety of looks from chippy and distressed to smooth and sleek. Just add water!
How to Prep for MilkPaint™
Raw Wood - No prep is required.
Pre-Finished Surfaces - Scuff up the surface with medium grit sandpaper (100-150) prior to painting. Remove the dust with a vacuum or cloth.
Glass and Metal - Clean the surfaces with either glass cleaner or a slightly dampened rag. Obviously you can’t sand these surfaces, so mix up your Milk Paint and add Bonding Agent.
How to Mix MMS MilkPaint™
1. Mix approximately 1 part water to 1 part MilkPaint™ powder with a blender (strictly used for paint), by shaking in a lidded container, hand mixing with a whisk, stir stick, or with a motorized paint mixer.
2. Add warm water (not hot) to container first, then add milk paint powder slowly and mix for 3-5 minutes.
3. Paint a test swatch to make sure desired consistency has been achieved. If the paint is translucent or runny, it is too thin. If it the brush drags and the paint appears gritty or chunky, it is too thick. Add more water or powder accordingly, and mix again.
4. Stir paint occasionally while painting, as pigments may settle at the bottom of the container.
Check Out Our Mixing Tutorial Video!
- Casein (milk protein)
- Calcium Lime
- Natural Pigment colors
- Plant based filler (edible)